Watch out, facebook

Type in www.iprocrastinate.com. Now figure out how to get past the page of floating red bubbles and twisting white letters: Welcome to the newest all-inclusive website geared for students. Combining elements from thefacebook, my space, blogging, gaming, and even video conferencing, the website is completely time-consuming, especially at a first-go.

Essentially a social-networking site for college students that combines elements from many popular sites, Iprocrastinate seems to be the start of a new type of entertainment. Started by Miami Merchants, students at UM and the creators of another endeavor, College Junktion, Iprocrastinate is the brain-child of President and CEO Jason Baptiste.

To start, registering as a user for iprocrastinate.com requires an “edu” extension website; the upside is that colleges aren’t limited, the website has immediate access for all students in all colleges. In addition, the site is free for all users and, up and running for less than a week, the site already hosts more than 25,000 users with an expectant 100,000 by Friday.

Teeming with features, students can spend hours perusing different functions. Using video conferencing, students can see who they are talking to and for that matter hear actual voices, adding to the idea of being able to do work and still talk on the phone, if one is that multi-talented. In addition, collegejunktion.com, which feeds off of Iprocrastinate, offers free eBay for anyone with an “edu” address, allowing students to sell stuff, and practically their lives, hassle-free.

As an expanding, developing site, Iprocrastinate.com has already undergone two facelifts and more user-friendly, visually appealing, changes. Rumor has it that Wednesday is the big day for the “real” new look.

One of a kind and definitely a wave of competition for other websites such as my space, blogs, and what seems to be a still slowly dying fascination of thefacebook.com, Iprocrastinate is raising the standard. Even Mark Zuckerburg, creator of thefacebook.com, seems to have taken enough interest to be listed as a “friend” on Iprocrastinate. Generally receiving wide recognition by press outlets, most recently by MTV News, the behind-scenes founders of Iprocrastinate seem to be doing their PR and research very well.

For now, keep iprocrastinate.com in the favorites list and check for constant face-lifts, additions and expansions. Signed with a new warehouse, there’s even a chance to win prizes, giveaways and for this week, an iPod shuffle.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...