Faith Evans gets Five Stars

Faith Evans pulls together Motown sounds with 70s flare in her new CD The First Lady. She lays down the facts about her rehab days in “Again,” the first single from the CD. You won’t be disappointed with this well-produced album, which is Evans’ first album on Columbia since leaving Bad Boy Records.

Many know her as the widow of Biggie, but lets recognize-this woman has voice, a look and some personal power to overcome the battling years with death and drugs she has seen. The opening track, “Goin’ Out,” produced by the highly successful Neptunes, showcases their ability to create a track that’s moving, catchy and overall really good.

Watch out for the funk on “Mesmorized,” you’ll be grooving to the soulful sounds after you turn off the CD-a little Aretha maybe? This track pulls together old soul, a little gospel inspiration and the possibility for a strong live performance. The radio is constantly playing “Hope,” which features Twista. There’s a reason for it-the song is worth it. Evans closes her album with this popular single, pulling together the strong ballads, funk and R&B tracks that fill The First Lady album. This album gets a five out of five-star review. That’s right, all the stars. You can pop this CD in you car, roll down the windows, head to the beach to tan, club or simply to drive so you can to listen to Evans sooth your ears with her soulful voice. Get this CD.

Jake Stone can be contacted at j.stone@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...