UMNEWS – UM’s Institute for Retired Professionals receives Osher Foundation grant

The Institute for Retired Professionals (IRP) was recently named the recipient of an initial grant from the Bernard Osher Foundation in the amount of $100,000. Contingent on the IRP’s success and growth, the Bernard Osher Foundation will award two additional annual grants in the same amount. In the fourth year, the Institute will be eligible for an endowment of no less than $1,000,000. In recognition of the grant, the IRP will henceforth be known as the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Miami. The grant will provide for the development of Learning Institute programs and activities. The IRP, sponsored in part by the Office of the Provost, was founded in 1984 to provide educational and social programs for adults aged 50 and over.

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...