UMNEWS – UM’s Institute for Retired Professionals receives Osher Foundation grant

The Institute for Retired Professionals (IRP) was recently named the recipient of an initial grant from the Bernard Osher Foundation in the amount of $100,000. Contingent on the IRP’s success and growth, the Bernard Osher Foundation will award two additional annual grants in the same amount. In the fourth year, the Institute will be eligible for an endowment of no less than $1,000,000. In recognition of the grant, the IRP will henceforth be known as the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Miami. The grant will provide for the development of Learning Institute programs and activities. The IRP, sponsored in part by the Office of the Provost, was founded in 1984 to provide educational and social programs for adults aged 50 and over.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...