Food Network adds some fresh appeal

Dave Lieberman, the new face of the Food Network, is the professor that everyone wishes they could have. Part of a new series, Good Deal with Dave Lieberman, Lieberman teaches viewers how to eat and entertain on the budget of what could be a “struggling college student.”

Lieberman keeps things interesting by keeping the show steadily paced, explaining the steps for the various meals quickly but with enough time to allow viewers to follow. The dishes are complemented by easy explanations and directions for cooking; Lieberman’s show is obviously intended for a younger crowd.

His debut show educates food enthusiasts on how to plan a dinner party with a continually expanding guest list. His solution is the perfect buffet dinner, comprised of several dishes such as cannellinni bean and arugula salad, cauliflower with a breadcrumb topping, apricot glazed chicken and pudding tart with graham cracker crust. Explained step-by-step, the recipes for Lieberman’s dishes can be easily noted, a plus for viewers who may spend hours at the office or in a classroom.

In addition to teaching viewers how to cook, Lieberman goes the extra step and gives added tips about basic entertaining. While some of the masses may know how to set up a buffet table or create the perfect atmosphere for a cocktail party, many do not, a problem that Lieberman easily fixes.

Shot in what seems to be a real setting and not one set up in the studio, the show has a real world feel and exudes comfort. Not only is the show entertaining to watch, it’s informative and helpful. For viewers, Lieberman seems to be the perfect instructor to becoming an excellent chef and host.

Having his start on Campus Cuisine- a cooking show at Yale University-Lieberman certainly has the background to appeal to a younger crowd that are not typical Food Network viewers. Airing Saturday at 1:30 p.m., Good Deal with Dave Lieberman will begin its first season. Tune in for your own personal cooking class. Soon you could be eating gourmet meals on a tight budget in your own kitchen.

Lieberman has also recently published Young and Hungry: More than 100 Recipes for Cooking Fresh and Affordable for Everyone (Hyperion Books). The book is available at most bookstores.

For more information on Good Deal with Dave Lieberman, visit www.foodnetwork.com.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...