Coach’s Corner

Every week, baseball Head Coach Jim Morris will answer questions from readers. Send any questions you might have to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

After two dominating wins on Friday and Saturday, were you surprised at how close Sunday’s game was?

Not really. They flip-flopped their pitching rotation and threw their best pitcher Sunday, so I knew it would be a tough game.

Did this weekend’s series answer any questions you had about the starting rotation?

That’s a continuing process and you don’t know the answer until the end of the season. By then you just go with who’s hot.

Was it annoying at all to have to play at two different sites this weekend?

No. It was great. I enjoyed playing at Virginia Tech’s field and they had a nice facility. Playing at the pro stadium was a great experience for our players and I think they really enjoyed it.

Could you talk about the test that awaits you traveling to UNC to take on the Tar Heels?

It’s going to be a tremendous challenge and we are going up against probably the best pitching staff in the country.

Brendan Katin had another huge series against Va. Tech. He seems to have come a long way in two years here. Can you talk about his progress since he’s been here?

Brendan has a ton of potential, unlimited potential. There’s no telling how far he can go. I think he has the potential to play in the Major Leagues if everything falls into place. I was very happy for him this past weekend with the way he played. He played great.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...