A must do list before graduation

It’s hard to believe, but graduation is only one month from tomorrow. In honor of the past four (or in some cases, five) years, we have put together a list of thing to do before graduation. We all know that there are those things we always say we want to do, but never get around to it. Well, here’s your chance.

One month and counting…

***

Get together with the friends that you’ve lost touch with. Whether it’s that gang from your floor freshman year, or the study group from that hellish class, get together to reminisce about the “good old times.” Go out to dinner and catch up. You may not have spoken as much as you should have recently, but you’re still friends.

***

Get a camera and take pictures around campus. Use it as an opportunity to capture your favorite places and people just as you remember. In five years, it will be so great to look back on your time here and be able to actually see everything exactly as it was.

***

Jump in one of the fountains. Whether you choose to do it naked or not is your choice, but we all know those fountains have been calling our names since we set foot on campus.

***

Pass all your Spring semester courses. Seems like on obvious one, but if you don’t pass you don’t graduate. Remember, Cs get degrees.

***

Get a boombox and some Chemical Brothers, and actually do some dancing in Club Richter. Make it live up to all the hype.

***

Talk to that one person you’ve had a crush on since freshman year. You may never see them again, so what do you have to lose. Plus, imagine how flattered they’ll be.

***

Rent a limo with your friends, pull up to a club like a baller, go VIP and pretend you do that kind of thing every night.

***

Hug President Shalala. Or at least say thank you. Without her we’d have far less patios and green tables to sit at.

***

Plan on buying flowers for your mother and maybe a card for your father because graduation is a big day for them, too.

***

Find a job. Enough said.

***

Write a letter to the people who are important to you letting them know how you feel. Thank them for their kindness and support. They may not realize how much they mean to you.

***

Eat Chartwells one last time for memory’s sake.

***

Close Moe’s.

***

Watch the sunrise on South Beach. We all know that we’ve been eating our pizza as the sun was rising, but make a point of actually seeing it. You’ll miss it when you move back up North.

***

Actually go to a baseball game. We take on FSU the weekend of April 22, so be sure to go out and watch the ‘Canes kick some Seminole butt.

***

Sun tan in front of the library. How much better would the view be if you had a bunch of people in bikinis and board shorts?

***

The next month will be filled with many lasts for graduating seniors. Don’t let that get you down, and don’t let it keep you from experiencing many firsts, either.

It’s sometimes hard to put it all in perspective, but Tom Petty put it best: “You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink ’til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does.”

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...