Subleasing? Get in and get out

If you’re having trouble finding someone to sublease your place while you’re away, subleaser.com might have the answer: “get in or get out.”

This innovative website, which promises to conveniently help students save time and money, is a new user-friendly online service that lets students search for off-campus listings nationwide and post their own subleases as well.

“Our goal is for [the website]to make the whole subleasing process painless,” said founder Justin Baldwin, a graduate from the University of Alabama. “We just want you to be able to find a place, [for]people to make informed decisions.”

Launched only two weeks ago, the site already hosts hundreds of listings from students in colleges across Florida. And it’s slowly making its way to our campus thanks to its easy, Facebook-meets-eBay-style system.

Here’s how it works: To search for subleases, students select a state and college, which pulls up any listings for that campus. Students then have access to the information posted by the leasers.

To post a listing, which is free for a limited time, students must fill out a profile with details like name, address, price per month, number of bedrooms and any amenities. And for $2, up to four pictures of the housing can be posted.

In addition, for an extra $2 a listing can be featured, meaning it will show up above all the other listings in a colored banner when a search is run for that campus.

“It’s a lot cheaper than printing flyers and spending your time putting them around campus,” said Baldwin. “We’re basically doing the marketing for you. Millions of people see [your listing].”

The website also offers a variety of informational articles, ranging from basic how-to guides for beginners to fun tips on how to customize the ultimate college pad.

“It’s not an uptight site at all. It’s got a great college feel,” Baldwin said. “It’s just a matter of time before word gets out to the major universities.”

Rafael Sangiovanni can be contacted at r.sangiovanni@umiami.edu.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...