LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Praise for The Hurricane online

I receive the online version of The Hurricane, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for a very fine publication. When I attended Miami (ancient history-class of ’73!), Tuesdays and Fridays were the publication dates, and each issue was pored over by some, ignored by others, and used as fish-wrapping by a few. But it was an effort by a dedicated staff then, and I am pleased that The Hurricane staff continues to do a good job. I enjoyed it then, and I enjoy it now.

The various departments, columns and other aspects of your paper are well done, and I enjoy reading them. I must admit, however, that some of the content is beyond me (e.g., current music and popular celebrities). But 30 years later, the old adage remains true: “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”

Thank you for allowing me to keep up with my alma mater over time and distance!

John P. Farrer

Alumnus

Class of 1973

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...