Elsewhere – U. Illinois pillowfighting club to attempt world record

(U-WIRE) CHAMPAIGN, Ill.- Pillow fighting is traditionally reserved for slumber parties, but the University of Illinois Pillowfighting Club wants to take the slumber party out of pillow fights and bring the fights outdoors and break the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest pillow fight.

“In an ideal situation, we would want over 3,000 people to show up,” Emma O’Brien, junior in communications, said.

According to the Guinness website, the current world record for the largest pillow fight is 2,773 people. It was set on Sept. 8, 2004, by the employees of a Land’s End factory in Dodgeville, Wis.

“I think that people will want to come because it’ll be fun and they’ll be a part of history, for a little while anyway,” said Jerrod Marten, a sophomore who is one of the founding members of the Pillowfighting Club. “It’ll be a story to tell your friends and maybe, one day, your kids about.”

The idea to try and break the world’s record for largest pillow fight was Marten’s.

“At the time the, record was rather small,” Marten said. “We thought that it would be something that people would rally behind and come and participate in.”

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...