Elsewhere – U. Illinois pillowfighting club to attempt world record

(U-WIRE) CHAMPAIGN, Ill.- Pillow fighting is traditionally reserved for slumber parties, but the University of Illinois Pillowfighting Club wants to take the slumber party out of pillow fights and bring the fights outdoors and break the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest pillow fight.

“In an ideal situation, we would want over 3,000 people to show up,” Emma O’Brien, junior in communications, said.

According to the Guinness website, the current world record for the largest pillow fight is 2,773 people. It was set on Sept. 8, 2004, by the employees of a Land’s End factory in Dodgeville, Wis.

“I think that people will want to come because it’ll be fun and they’ll be a part of history, for a little while anyway,” said Jerrod Marten, a sophomore who is one of the founding members of the Pillowfighting Club. “It’ll be a story to tell your friends and maybe, one day, your kids about.”

The idea to try and break the world’s record for largest pillow fight was Marten’s.

“At the time the, record was rather small,” Marten said. “We thought that it would be something that people would rally behind and come and participate in.”

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

No. 2 seed Clemson used a six-run sixth to push past seventh-seeded Miami Thursday night. ...

Kevin Arreaga was the first Cane in action on Thursday and he wasted little time punching his ticket ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...