Elsewhere – U. Illinois pillowfighting club to attempt world record

(U-WIRE) CHAMPAIGN, Ill.- Pillow fighting is traditionally reserved for slumber parties, but the University of Illinois Pillowfighting Club wants to take the slumber party out of pillow fights and bring the fights outdoors and break the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest pillow fight.

“In an ideal situation, we would want over 3,000 people to show up,” Emma O’Brien, junior in communications, said.

According to the Guinness website, the current world record for the largest pillow fight is 2,773 people. It was set on Sept. 8, 2004, by the employees of a Land’s End factory in Dodgeville, Wis.

“I think that people will want to come because it’ll be fun and they’ll be a part of history, for a little while anyway,” said Jerrod Marten, a sophomore who is one of the founding members of the Pillowfighting Club. “It’ll be a story to tell your friends and maybe, one day, your kids about.”

The idea to try and break the world’s record for largest pillow fight was Marten’s.

“At the time the, record was rather small,” Marten said. “We thought that it would be something that people would rally behind and come and participate in.”

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...