Second fraternity suspended

For the second time in two weeks, a UM fraternity has been suspended. The Epsilon Omega Chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha (Lambda Chi) at the University was issued a suspension earlier this week, with no confirmation of the cause.

“The only thing I can share with you is that the suspension came from the national headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. on Saturday,” Greg Singleton, associate dean of students, said. “We’re investigating some allegations and national fraternity staff is on their way in.”

According to Dr. Pat Whitely, vice president of Student Affairs, the suspension was due to violations of the UM Code of Conduct. At this point, the suspension is indefinite. Singleton said that the Lambda Chi suspension was unrelated to last week’s Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) suspension.

“We’ve always expected our organizations to uphold their responsibilities to their national organizations and the University,” Singleton said, explaining that all organizations were held to the same scrutiny. “When things are brought to the University’s attention, we do a thorough investigation of any allegation.”

The Pike investigation is ongoing. Singleton said that he met with representatives from the national headquarters last Tuesday, and there is no conclusion yet.

>> The Hurricane will continue to follow up on this issue as details become available.

Megha Garg can be contacted at m.garg2@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...