LETTER TO THE EDITOR

A letter to Coach Labati

Coach Labati, don’t worry about getting “stabbed” in the back. I got it more than 50 years ago at UM as a G.F. student. I worked for 40 cents an hour as “student help” in the cleaning and maintenance department. Not a pleasant job. They “curved” me into a low average and no diploma. So I served in another war and became a disabled veteran. The lack of a diploma never stopped me, and I fight Waldenstrom’s macrobulemenia, a rare incurable blood cancer. More recently UM officials have ventured that my activity doesn’t equate with UM’s profile. Try cleaning toilets, classrooms and offices and moving heavy furniture. Prominently known as Hurricane Hank, I can only say someone will sign you quick.

Henry La. Lenkiewicz

U.S. Army Retired Combat Medic

Disabled Vet, WWII, Korea

Attended UM, 1974-1950

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...