The Kills are solid but are no wow

Dramatic and strong from the first note, The Kills have a consistent sound that flows through their whole album, the beats varying only slightly from track to track. However, the lack of extremely noticeable change works for this odd duo of an American girl and a London boy.

The album, titled No Wow, starts with the title track, taking listeners on a journey full of angst, drama and sultry crooning. The voice that drifts out through the speakers is edgy and raw, adding a soulful and passionate feel. Completely indie rock, the tracks evoke the scene of a small smoky bar with groupies and hipsters.

Their second album, No Wow, has 12 tracks and is perfect as a background track for students who are trying to study or are in deep philosophical conversations over Starbucks. The simple guitar rifts and drum beats are easy to listen to.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...