UMNEWS – Alumnus endows faculty chair at School of Law

University of Miami alumnus Michael Klein, B.B.A ’63, J.D. ’66, and Washington, D.C., attorney and businessman has endowed a faculty chair by making the largest gift ever to the UM School of Law. His gift of $2 million will establish the Michael Klein Distinguished Scholar Chair.

“I was able to attend UM on scholarship. Given my good fortune, I felt it right to repay that generosity,” Klein said.

“This gift is a significant stepping stone for the law school to continue its growth and momentum,” UM President Donna E. Shalala said. “It will enable us to continue to attract outstanding faculty who will produce outstanding lawyers.”

Klein is senior partner at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, a Washington-based international law firm.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...