Elsewhere – Police charge alleged student sniper with misdemeanor

(U-WIRE) DARMOUTH COLLEGE.-The Hanover, N.H., police formally charged Michael Volodarsky ’08 with misdemeanor reckless conduct last week for a Feb. 7 incident during which Volodarsky allegedly fired a BB-gun shot, striking Michele Nudelman ’05 in the leg.

Officers apprehended Volodarsky at French Hall last week and brought him to the police station for booking, Hanover Police Chief Nicholas Giaccone said.

Volodarsky said in a statement to The Dartmouth that he spent the previous day, Super Bowl Sunday, at Zeta Psi fraternity. After the Super Bowl, he and his friend, a Dartmouth College sophomore, went onto the roof to smoke cigarettes.

At that time, Volodarsky and his friend, identified only as Matt, noticed a BB gun sitting on the sill. They decided to shoot the gun at the garbage dumpster and at a sign by Butterfield Hall, Volodarsky said.

“No one was intentionally aiming at a person,” Volodarsky said.

But Nudelman, who was walking home from Epsilon Kappa Theta sorority when she was hit, said she turned around and shouted, “What the hell?” before running inside and calling Safety and Security.

Volodarsky’s arraignment is scheduled for March 15 at 8 a.m. If he pleads not guilty, he will have a trial sometime in May, local prosecutor Chris O’Connor said.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...