Mundo is a full dining experience

World-class chef Norman Van Aken is known for his superb dishes, delectable tastes and full dining experiences. His latest restaurant, Mundo, located in the garden area of the Village of Merrick Park, is exactly that: the perfect spot for dinner out.

A combination marketplace, bistro, fish bar and wine bar, Mundo has something for every diner’s needs. Among the high-end retail stores Mundo stands out with its rich colors, comfy booths and long bar where chefs make fresh bread and music plays above the echoing voices of conversing diners.

Mundo
Village of Merrick Park
4251 Salzedo St.
Coral Gables, FL
(305) 422-6787

Dimly lit without needing a candle to be able to read it, the extensive menu offers an array of choices, engulfing diners in the richness of the reason you go out to eat-good food. Aside from the food on the table, those that would like to get a behind the scenes view can even see food being prepared in the kitchen on a giant plasma TV.

Reasonably priced and well worth the phone call for a recommended reservation, Mundo serves up delicious tapas, wood-oven pizzas, pastas with incredible, atypical sauces and desserts oozing with whipped cream and innovative presentation.

Above all, if diners can’t stop to enjoy the atmosphere while feasting, there’s always the Mercado, where almost everything on the menu is available to take home.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...