Coach’s Corner

Could you talk about what the two seniors, Will Frisby and Brandon Okpalobi, have meant to the team this season?

They have given us leadership. Frisby in particular has given us scoring and rebounding. I am glad he has been able to play a full season for the first time in his career. Brandon has been a solid contributor the whole season and both will be missed.

Is Guillermo Diaz a first-team All-ACC guard? What separates him from the other great guards in the conference?

I think he is. Just look at his numbers alone and what our team has done this year. You can see the importance that Guillermo has had for our team. It will be very difficult for him to get first team because most of the writers are from the North Carolina area.

As it stands right now, does your team have enough of a resume to get into the NCAA Tournament, or do they have to make a deep run in the ACC Tournament?

I think our r

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...