JD Natasha rocks the world of Latin music

The Latin music world is about to get rocked-and 16-year-old JD Natasha is standing center stage. Leaving at home the congas and tambores, this new artist brings something a little more unconventional: a dirty, distorted guitar and teenage honesty.

Donning a punk rock attitude laced with chic style and startling maturity, Natasha finds herself bridging a gap between American and Latin culture, much like Shakira did years ago.

But it was bound to happen again. In an industry dominated by the ballads of amor and the pulse of meregenue and salsa, Natasha says she couldn’t help but do something a little off-center.

“[My music] is different from everything in the Latin market because a lot of people think inside the box,” says the bilingual rocker, who is a native of Miami. “But I can’t work with rules.”

So she decided to bend them, playing harder rock songs in Spanish and English with a chameleon-like voice that demanded attention-and she got it.

In a year, she scored a record deal on EMI Latin, performed worldwide, and on July 13 released her debut album Imperfect/Imperfecta, named by the famed Emilio Estefan as one of the best albums in 2004.

Her journey to began when she was born Natasha Due

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...