Cuban art at its most vibrant

Cernuda Arte, the white and blue gallery dedicated to Cuban artworks, has again brought a breathtaking and vibrant exhibit to its walls. Located in the heart of Coral Gables off Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Cernuda Arte has brought one of the most exquisite group exhibitions of Cuban works to the area.

The latest edition of the exhibit is titled Important Cuban Artworks, Volume Three; it’s the third installment of the series. The eighty-five works in the display show works from Colonial, Academic, Vanguard, Modern and Contemporary artists. Showcasing paintings from each style and time period, the exhibit gives any art enthusiast a sense of history as the paintings are viewed, showing the development and variated styles of Cuban art.

Despite the wide range, the subjects in each painting the brilliant and vivid colors provide a sense of cohesiveness for the whole collection. In particular, Valentin Sanz Carta focuses on nature in his paintings, using a variation of greens and yellows to provide depth to each work. In contrast, Federico Sulroca in his painting “Desnudo”-which means nude in Spanish-uses deep reds to contrast the pale nude woman that serves as the focal point for one of his works.

Varying from the traditional oil on canvas, artist Cundo Berm

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...