Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some safety tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety.
Avoiding Date Rape:
In almost every event there are certain things a person can do to reduce the chances of becoming a victim. Acquaintance rape is no exception. The following are some tips to help reduce the chances of it occurring.
If you are a victim, remember, it is not your fault. Contact Public Safety immediately to report the incident and to obtain any assistance you may need.
Here are some tips:
* Be clear with men in your life about what, if any, sexual behavior you are comfortable with and keep talking as you get deeper into a relationship.
* Don’t use alcohol or other drugs. They decrease your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.
* Always watch your drink and never leave it unattended. Don’t accept beverages from someone you don’t know and trust.
* Leave social events with friends, not with someone you just met or don’t know well.
* Trust your gut feelings. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, leave.
* Check out a first date or blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Take public transportation or drive your own car.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 15
1:00 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr.
Theft of auto tag
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 17
2:50 p.m. 5202 University Dr. Theft
5:44 p.m. 5500 Ponce De Leon
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 18
3:37 a.m. 5401 Ponce De Leon Theft