Elsewhere – Administration pulls ‘Love’ posters at Princeton

(U-WIRE) PRINCETON, N.J.-Three days after the Pride Alliance posted 1,000 gay-themed Valentine’s Day fliers across the Princeton University campus, the complaints of a few students prompted Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Students Thomas Dunne to order the posters’ removal from public spaces.

The posters showed same-sex couples kissing under the slogan “Love=Love” and were meant to “raise awareness that LGBT love is one kind of love,” Pride Alliance President Claire Woo said.

Among the students who filed complaints was John Andrews, who noted in an e-mail to Dunne that the lack of attribution on the posters violated school policy.

Although the posters did not print the name of the group that sponsored the campaign, the Pride Alliance took the credit on its Web site and in interviews with The Daily Princetonian.

“I agree this is a close reading of [school policy]but the students filing complaints argued that the posters are anonymous to those who encounter them on campus,” Dunne said in an email. “I obviously would support the posting of these signs if the Pride Alliance submitted a similar poster with attribution.”

Pride Alliance members expressed disappointment with the posters’ removal, but agreed that they should have included attribution. “Rules are rules,” Pride Alliance Publicity Chair Lispeth Nutt said. “I can’t blame [Andrews] for being clever. It’s a technicality, a technicality that he wants to use for another end.”

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...