Too shy to ask if he’s available? Just do it

I don’t know what it is about computers these days, but I feel as if everyone is obsessed with them and is constantly on them. With wireless, my roommates don’t even have to leave the couch, and I see it already becoming their complete social lives. I feel as if no one is even dating at UM anymore and instead has turned to cyber love-which is nothing more than moving some fingers and ultimately getting carpel tunnel. Where is the action in this? Moreover, my question is: How do I get these lazy asses off their obsessions(their computer), and out on the town to have some fun? Do I have to really pull some teeth, come on now people!

Over-Cybering

Dear Reader,

Wow! Your roommates sound like a genuine blast! Do they sleep on the couch too? And, just how sore are their wrists? Probably too sore for requisite romantic activities, if you get my drift…

Dating is not dead! It’s really not, it’s just hard to catch two people in the act because of our little, deadly friend, “the random hookup.” Yes, in my opinion, it is the random hookup that should take the blame for the diminished status of dating on college campuses. The Random Hookup (it deserves capitalization) allows two people to go at it, ideally, without anything attached and without any expectations. Yet, the random hookup rarely comes along without any strings attached, at least for one participant.

Are your friends content with their cyber-love and bizarre fascination for their dirty computers? If so, then why bother them? Maybe you’re more discontented with their lives because their actions make you feel insecure and strange for wanting to physically socialize with people. Or, are you a little ashamed to have friends who bum around on the couch for hours without a care in the world? Really, I think you’re the one with the problem! Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

Best of Luck,

V.

I met this guy a few weeks ago, and the other day I had the guts to ask him how his Valentine’s Day was, expecting it to be similar to mine (getting wasted on the couch); however, he mentioned a certain “she!” He referred to her as his Valentine, but never mentioned who this girl was-friend, girlfriend, nothing, so I don’t know what they are. But, what the hell! I want to know! What do you think the status is?

Dying to be the next “she”

Dear Reader,

Wow. Here’s a thought: Why don’t you try asking him if he has a girlfriend? It’s a simple, neutral question-that is unless you decide to start humping his leg before you ask-then, you’ve got some issues to work out.

Maybe you ought to be a little less nosy, unless you’re actually prepared to further your in-class buddyship to something a little more stable outside of class. Other than that, I don’t really know what to tell you. He had a Valentine. You didn’t. Big whoop. He has a “she” in his life, who obviously holds some kind of importance to him. That’s all there is to say. Now, stop slobbering, and go ask him what his status is.

Best of Luck,

V.

Fact O’ the Day…According to research, one in three men cheats on his partner, as opposed to one in four women…and the boys still have it.

Please submit all questions, comments or concerns to DearV@hotmail.com or to the Dear V box in the offices of The Hurricane. All submissions are strictly confidential. Dear V. is published on Tuesdays and Fridays, and yes, V will respond to almost (don’t push it) anything.

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...