Coach’s Corner

The team was trailing by double digits during the first half of the Clemson game and the Tigers were applying excellent defensive pressure on the guards. How were you able to turn it around and play so well in the second half?

We became more aggressive. We didn’t allow their pressure to keep us away from the basket. We attacked their pressure better in the second half.

After beating Maryland and losing to Duke, were you surprised that the Terrapins beat the Blue Devils twice this season?

No, because Maryland is an outstanding ball club. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. There are a lot of great teams and a lot of great coaches.

How many teams do you think the ACC deserves to get in the tournament this year considering the logjam of teams in the middle of the pack?

I think there should be at least six teams from our league that make the NCAAs. People across the country don’t realize how great of a league this is. The reason there is a logjam is because we are all beating each other up.

We know that the players have superstitions, but do you have anything you must do before or during a game for good luck?

No, not really the superstitious type.

Did you do anything special for Valentine’s Day this year?

On Sunday evening, my wife and I went to a couple’s gathering at the Coker’s home. It was a lot of fun!

Send questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...