Coach’s Corner

The team was trailing by double digits during the first half of the Clemson game and the Tigers were applying excellent defensive pressure on the guards. How were you able to turn it around and play so well in the second half?

We became more aggressive. We didn’t allow their pressure to keep us away from the basket. We attacked their pressure better in the second half.

After beating Maryland and losing to Duke, were you surprised that the Terrapins beat the Blue Devils twice this season?

No, because Maryland is an outstanding ball club. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. There are a lot of great teams and a lot of great coaches.

How many teams do you think the ACC deserves to get in the tournament this year considering the logjam of teams in the middle of the pack?

I think there should be at least six teams from our league that make the NCAAs. People across the country don’t realize how great of a league this is. The reason there is a logjam is because we are all beating each other up.

We know that the players have superstitions, but do you have anything you must do before or during a game for good luck?

No, not really the superstitious type.

Did you do anything special for Valentine’s Day this year?

On Sunday evening, my wife and I went to a couple’s gathering at the Coker’s home. It was a lot of fun!

Send questions for Coach Haith to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

‘Part-Time Junior’ Sculpts Her Way to a B.F.A. ...