UMNEWS – New name reflects new programs

To reflect programs it is incorporating and its increased interdisciplinary focus, the University of Miami School of Nursing has a new name: the School of Nursing and Health Studies.

The health science program, formerly administered by the College of Arts and Sciences, prepares students for a variety of health-related careers, from pharmacy and nutrition to health care administration, health policy and international health. Approximately 70 new students enroll in the health science program each year. The school’s new building, now under construction, will be known as the M. Christine Schwartz Center for Nursing and Health Studies.

“This expansion positions our School to educate the next generation of leaders in a variety of health care fields,” says Nilda Peragallo, dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies. “Integrating the Health Science degree into our curricula will enable us to enrich the learning experience of all our students and propel our School to the next level of excellence in the education of health care leaders. We welcome UM’s Health Science students and look forward to providing them with a comprehensive, quality education.”

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...