Briefs – WOMENS BASKETBALL * WOMENS SOCCER

Women’s Basketball

Junior Tamara James was named the ACC Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 6 as announced by the Atlantic Coast Conference office in Greensboro, N.C.

James averaged 25.0 points on the week while shooting 45.0 percent from the field as the Hurricanes finished a three-game week with Clemson, Duke and Virginia Tech.

The Dania, Fla. native opened the three-game stretch at Clemson Monday, scoring 22 points in just 26 minutes of action. She also recorded two steals and five rebounds in the 83-69 victory over the Tigers.

Thursday against the Blue Devils, James posted 18 points and six rebounds while dishing out three assists with six steals.

In the final game of the week against Virginia Tech Sunday afternoon, James paced the team with a 35-point performance, connecting on 13-of-29 from the field and 7-of-7 from the free throw line. In addition, James tallied seven rebounds and two blocks against the Hokies.

The honor marks the second time this season James has earned Player of the Week accolades. Earlier this season, she was named the Player of the Week Jan. 3 after averaging 33.7 points over a three-game stretch.

Women’s Soccer

Head coach Tricia Taliaferro, along with the University of Miami, announced Tuesday the signing of seven players to national letters of intent to play for the Hurricane soccer program in 2005.

The incoming class heralds four players from the talent-rich state of California, two players from the midwest and one product of the South Florida area, all of which boast r

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...