ETC. – UM

People say that you should wait to have sex with a guy for X amount of time (six weeks, two months, three dates, etc.) or the guy won’t respect you. Is this really true? What if I really do just want a guy to hang out with and sleep with casually? Is this possible?

Slutty?

Dear Reader,

My, my, you little trollop, you! Do mommy and daddy know what you’ve been up to? So, yes, in answer to your question, it’s completely possible to live it up with a fuck buddy. But, honestly think before you decide to strip down because there is a whole other can of attachment and self-respect worms just waiting to be let out. How much respect do you have for this “easy” guy? I’m just curious. Really.

According to my authority on the subject-a 20-year-old guy-“waiting is always sexier than giving it up the first night,” for the obvious reasons. There is no set time limit about waiting to have sex with someone new. Goodness gracious, you can go from a handshake to rolling under the covers if your seductive prowess is on and your conquest is game! A question for you, though: What do you care about being respected if you’re downright hanging out with a guy to just get laid? Respect doesn’t really enter the equation here-you’re both mutually using one another for nothing greater than the physical act of sex. Respect is a non-factor. If you’re trying to bag a guy for the long term, sleeping with him within the first few hours that you’ve met him just sends bad signals. It’s a don’t.

Best of Luck,

V.

I met this guy last weekend, and we totally hit it off. He is the roommate of one of my friends. We’re from the same area, we like a lot of the same things, and I think that he is really cool. I would love to hang out again with him sometime. I know that he’s not looking for a relationship and neither am I. But, how do I get us to hang out again without scaring him into that I want a relationship?

In a Rush

Dear Reader,

What? I don’t quite get it. You say just met the guy and now you want to make sure that he knows that you don’t want a relationship with him but just want to be friends? I can’t quite trace your friggin’ logic here! Maybe you think that the two of you have way more in common than you really do. Sorry.

OK, crazy girl, think about how you’ve made friends in the past. Did you hound them down, annoy the hell out of them, cling to them and spend every single second with them? Doubtful. If you really just want to be friends (and let me remind you that your motivations are questionable), then just act like a normal person! You don’t have to treat him any differently or think of him any differently than you do your other girl friends, or guy friends, for that matter. If you’re looking for some action, which is so obvious, then just see where it leads. Leave it to destiny.

Best of Luck,

V.

Fact O’the Day…Larry Flynt, the publisher of Hustler magazine, claims that his first sexual experience was with a chicken…cluck cluck.

Please submit all questions, comments or concerns to DearV@hotmail.com or to the Dear V box in the offices of the Hurricane. All submissions are strictly confidential. Dear V. is published on Tuesdays and Fridays, and yes, V will respond to almost (don’t push it) anything.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...