2005 Miami International Film Festival

Under the guidance of former Sundance chief Nicole Guillemet, the Miami International Film Festival is continuing its push towards the top of the country’s film festival list. The 2005 festival is shaping up to be the most impressive to date, with a long list of exciting films playing and a few celebrities coming to town.

One of the more highly anticipated films playing in this year’s festival is Modigliani, which opened the festival on Friday, Feb. 4. Modigliani is the story of a brilliant but little-known painter, a direct competitor with Pablo Picasso that never reached long term popularity like other artists of his day. The film features a powerful performance from Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Twelve) in the lead role, and some great supporting performances from foreign actors. Garcia and writer/director Mick Davis (The Match) are just a few of the film’s cast and crew members attending the festival.

Movie fans interested in seeing familiar faces on screen should look towards Cr

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...