Briefs – TRACK AND FIELD

Women’s Track & Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team moved into a ninth-place tie with UCLA in the latest Trackwire 25 women’s indoor track and field rankings released Tuesday.

Miami has several student-athletes ranked among the national leaders in their respective events, including senior Amber Williams, who posted the nation’s top mark this season in winning the pentathlon at the Penn State National Open last weekend.

Other nationally ranked individuals include senior Wiande Moore, who ranks fifth in the 60-meters, junior Charlette Greggs, who ranks 12th in the 400-meters, junior Dominique Darden, who ranks ninth in the 60-meter hurdles, sophomore Tabia Charles, who ranks seventh in the long jump and eighth in the triple jump, sophomore Brenda Faluade, who ranks 15th in the long jump, and senior Kimberli Barrett, who ranks fifth in both the shot put and weight throw.

Miami returns to action Feb. 6 at the Gator Invitational in Gainesville, Fla.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...