Briefs – TRACK AND FIELD

Women’s Track & Field

The University of Miami women’s track and field team moved into a ninth-place tie with UCLA in the latest Trackwire 25 women’s indoor track and field rankings released Tuesday.

Miami has several student-athletes ranked among the national leaders in their respective events, including senior Amber Williams, who posted the nation’s top mark this season in winning the pentathlon at the Penn State National Open last weekend.

Other nationally ranked individuals include senior Wiande Moore, who ranks fifth in the 60-meters, junior Charlette Greggs, who ranks 12th in the 400-meters, junior Dominique Darden, who ranks ninth in the 60-meter hurdles, sophomore Tabia Charles, who ranks seventh in the long jump and eighth in the triple jump, sophomore Brenda Faluade, who ranks 15th in the long jump, and senior Kimberli Barrett, who ranks fifth in both the shot put and weight throw.

Miami returns to action Feb. 6 at the Gator Invitational in Gainesville, Fla.

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

No. 2 seed Clemson used a six-run sixth to push past seventh-seeded Miami Thursday night. ...

Kevin Arreaga was the first Cane in action on Thursday and he wasted little time punching his ticket ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...