Sinorice Moss headlines skills competition at Dolphins Stadium

Fans of University of Miami football can watch standout wide receiver Sinorice Moss compete in a skills competition with 11 of his peers, including Texas quarterback Vince Young and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams, on Monday at 1:30 p.m. in the College Football All-Star Challenge at Dolphins Stadium.

The event will be televised on ESPN and produced by Intersport, which has helped create original sports programming for every major network. The competitors will be divided into three groups: quarterbacks with Young, UCLA’s Drew Olson, Alabama’s Brodie Croyle and Clemson’s Charlie Whitehurst, running backs/receivers with Moss, Williams, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis and Minnesota tailback Laurence Maroney, and kickers.

Spectators can stand at field level and get autographs after the competition. The event is free of charge.

“It’s a great event to attend,” said Intersport vice president of events Dan Jones. “Fans will get a chance to see future NFL stars with their helmets off. Their personalities come through more, and there is lots of fan interaction with players.”

Throughout the nine-year history of the challenge, 24 competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 were taken in the second round. This year, four of the participants are projected to be selected in the first round.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...