Sinorice Moss headlines skills competition at Dolphins Stadium

Fans of University of Miami football can watch standout wide receiver Sinorice Moss compete in a skills competition with 11 of his peers, including Texas quarterback Vince Young and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams, on Monday at 1:30 p.m. in the College Football All-Star Challenge at Dolphins Stadium.

The event will be televised on ESPN and produced by Intersport, which has helped create original sports programming for every major network. The competitors will be divided into three groups: quarterbacks with Young, UCLA’s Drew Olson, Alabama’s Brodie Croyle and Clemson’s Charlie Whitehurst, running backs/receivers with Moss, Williams, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis and Minnesota tailback Laurence Maroney, and kickers.

Spectators can stand at field level and get autographs after the competition. The event is free of charge.

“It’s a great event to attend,” said Intersport vice president of events Dan Jones. “Fans will get a chance to see future NFL stars with their helmets off. Their personalities come through more, and there is lots of fan interaction with players.”

Throughout the nine-year history of the challenge, 24 competitors have been chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft and 11 were taken in the second round. This year, four of the participants are projected to be selected in the first round.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...