CD REVIEW – ESTHERO NOURISHES AND ENRICHES

Addicting is the perfect word to describe the new EP from Esthero. Almost six years from her album Breath From Another, Esthero continues to transcend all classifications with her latest work. Moving to Reprise Records and rediscovering the essentials to the elemental existence of her music and her life, Esthero has emerged with a five-track beauty.

Embarking on a journey the EP is just a taste of what is to come in Esthero’s fully released album to come in March 2005. Titled We R in need of a musical ReVoLuTIon!, the EP takes listeners on a soulful, sensual, body-moving experience. Esthero’s soothing voice combined with drumbeats and sometimes kitchsy-type elevator music exudes passion and true artistry.

Starting with lyrics that proclaim her opinions about the music world today, Esthero’s lyrics are not be overlooked. Kooky, erotic, confident and sometimes a little cocky, Esthero’s lyrical and musical combinations are intriguing works of art in their own. One can only wait for the full release of her album to come soon.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...