Where it’s Hot in 2005

By Joanna Davila

While everyone was away enjoying the holidays, Miami was still keeping up with the heat. December to January, the transition from ’04 to ’05 was as smooth as could be with hot parties, new places to shop and a brand new hotel and casino.

Revolver: The Independent Night

The newest venue in town: The Pawn Shop Lounge in downtown Miami. Imagine design with VIP areas made out of an old yellow school bus and a vintage Airstream trailer. For those people that aren’t lucky enough to chill in VIP, there’s still a lounge made out of a piece of a 727 (yes, that’s an airplane). With the hottest DJs and Friday nights at Club Revolver, the only thing better are the live indie bands that frequent the venue. Look forward to a CD listening party for The Chemical Brothers and live shows from the Moving Units and French Kicks.

Onda Lounge

Adding another hotspot to South Beach’s Washington Street strip, Onda Lounge is the newest on the lounge scene. An intimate setting, the lounge has a contemporary feel with a white interior, VIP area and tight dance floor. Owned by Jacquelynn Powers (Ocean Drive magazine) and Michael Pasqualini the venue attracts an A-list crowd.

Hooligan’s Ladies Night

Located off of U.S. 1, Hooligan’s has Wednesday night ladies’ night, with free drinks from nine to midnight. Don’t have early class Thursday? Get some of the girls together and hit up the bar. That is, if you’re legal. Wink,wink.

T&A

Alright, alright-so they happen to be all over Miami, and lately, all over EDGE. Regardless, Tony Merenda and Ash Rana have teamed up and opened up a new boutique, T&A in the Design District off NE 2nd Ave.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...