Where it’s Hot in 2005

By Joanna Davila

While everyone was away enjoying the holidays, Miami was still keeping up with the heat. December to January, the transition from ’04 to ’05 was as smooth as could be with hot parties, new places to shop and a brand new hotel and casino.

Revolver: The Independent Night

The newest venue in town: The Pawn Shop Lounge in downtown Miami. Imagine design with VIP areas made out of an old yellow school bus and a vintage Airstream trailer. For those people that aren’t lucky enough to chill in VIP, there’s still a lounge made out of a piece of a 727 (yes, that’s an airplane). With the hottest DJs and Friday nights at Club Revolver, the only thing better are the live indie bands that frequent the venue. Look forward to a CD listening party for The Chemical Brothers and live shows from the Moving Units and French Kicks.

Onda Lounge

Adding another hotspot to South Beach’s Washington Street strip, Onda Lounge is the newest on the lounge scene. An intimate setting, the lounge has a contemporary feel with a white interior, VIP area and tight dance floor. Owned by Jacquelynn Powers (Ocean Drive magazine) and Michael Pasqualini the venue attracts an A-list crowd.

Hooligan’s Ladies Night

Located off of U.S. 1, Hooligan’s has Wednesday night ladies’ night, with free drinks from nine to midnight. Don’t have early class Thursday? Get some of the girls together and hit up the bar. That is, if you’re legal. Wink,wink.

T&A

Alright, alright-so they happen to be all over Miami, and lately, all over EDGE. Regardless, Tony Merenda and Ash Rana have teamed up and opened up a new boutique, T&A in the Design District off NE 2nd Ave.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...