Where it’s Hot in 2005

By Joanna Davila

While everyone was away enjoying the holidays, Miami was still keeping up with the heat. December to January, the transition from ’04 to ’05 was as smooth as could be with hot parties, new places to shop and a brand new hotel and casino.

Revolver: The Independent Night

The newest venue in town: The Pawn Shop Lounge in downtown Miami. Imagine design with VIP areas made out of an old yellow school bus and a vintage Airstream trailer. For those people that aren’t lucky enough to chill in VIP, there’s still a lounge made out of a piece of a 727 (yes, that’s an airplane). With the hottest DJs and Friday nights at Club Revolver, the only thing better are the live indie bands that frequent the venue. Look forward to a CD listening party for The Chemical Brothers and live shows from the Moving Units and French Kicks.

Onda Lounge

Adding another hotspot to South Beach’s Washington Street strip, Onda Lounge is the newest on the lounge scene. An intimate setting, the lounge has a contemporary feel with a white interior, VIP area and tight dance floor. Owned by Jacquelynn Powers (Ocean Drive magazine) and Michael Pasqualini the venue attracts an A-list crowd.

Hooligan’s Ladies Night

Located off of U.S. 1, Hooligan’s has Wednesday night ladies’ night, with free drinks from nine to midnight. Don’t have early class Thursday? Get some of the girls together and hit up the bar. That is, if you’re legal. Wink,wink.

T&A

Alright, alright-so they happen to be all over Miami, and lately, all over EDGE. Regardless, Tony Merenda and Ash Rana have teamed up and opened up a new boutique, T&A in the Design District off NE 2nd Ave.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...