CD REVIEWS

A self-titled album with 15 tracks that range in topic, The Futureheads is an indie-rock group that falls into that category with some recent favorites such as The Hives, Jet and Franz Ferdinand. But The Futureheads are making their own stance, despite the fact that the lead singer tends to sound like The Proclaimers, famous for their song “I Would Walk 500 Miles,” specifically on track two, “Robot.” If you’re aching for some pop rock pick up The Futureheads and their self-titled album. The Futureheads could be the next big thing.

Probably inspired by Seth Cohen’s invention of Chrismukkah, the OC Christmas album stays true to the show’s philosophy to support independent music. Artists include Rooney, The Raveonettes, Jimmy Eat World and Ben Kweller. For the more creative, artists such as The Eels, Ron Sexsmith and The Long Winters put their own spin on Christmas caroling. A mix of only nine tracks, the Christmas spirit runs a little short on the CD but it is a pleasant break from the usual “Let It Snow”-that doesn’t apply Orange County or Miami-and “This Christmas” from pop stars who like to belt it out.

A 12-track edition of classic Depeche Mode remixed, the modern twist on classic songs utilized some excellent producers. Using acts such as Underworld, Johny Dollar, Air and Goldfrapp to remake its classic wonders, Depeche Mode is keeping up with the times and making sure that its music isn’t getting lost in the expanding industry. Some of the classic tracks include “Barrel of a Gun,” “Route 66” and “Just Can’t Get Enough.”

>> Other tracks to check out include Vanessa Carlton: “Harmonium,” Simple Plan: “Still Not Getting Any” and The Exies: “Head for the Door.”

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...