CD REVIEWS

A self-titled album with 15 tracks that range in topic, The Futureheads is an indie-rock group that falls into that category with some recent favorites such as The Hives, Jet and Franz Ferdinand. But The Futureheads are making their own stance, despite the fact that the lead singer tends to sound like The Proclaimers, famous for their song “I Would Walk 500 Miles,” specifically on track two, “Robot.” If you’re aching for some pop rock pick up The Futureheads and their self-titled album. The Futureheads could be the next big thing.

Probably inspired by Seth Cohen’s invention of Chrismukkah, the OC Christmas album stays true to the show’s philosophy to support independent music. Artists include Rooney, The Raveonettes, Jimmy Eat World and Ben Kweller. For the more creative, artists such as The Eels, Ron Sexsmith and The Long Winters put their own spin on Christmas caroling. A mix of only nine tracks, the Christmas spirit runs a little short on the CD but it is a pleasant break from the usual “Let It Snow”-that doesn’t apply Orange County or Miami-and “This Christmas” from pop stars who like to belt it out.

A 12-track edition of classic Depeche Mode remixed, the modern twist on classic songs utilized some excellent producers. Using acts such as Underworld, Johny Dollar, Air and Goldfrapp to remake its classic wonders, Depeche Mode is keeping up with the times and making sure that its music isn’t getting lost in the expanding industry. Some of the classic tracks include “Barrel of a Gun,” “Route 66” and “Just Can’t Get Enough.”

>> Other tracks to check out include Vanessa Carlton: “Harmonium,” Simple Plan: “Still Not Getting Any” and The Exies: “Head for the Door.”

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...