Art Basel: From Basel to the Beach, Art is IN

Art Basel, the international art show and sister to the original Art Basel in Switzerland is coming to the Beach, and frankly, all over Miami, this weekend. The three-day show started yesterday, and ends on Sunday, and it includes art in all forms, becoming a type of cultural event for the eyes. Combining art shows with parties, special events and crossover moments featuring design, music, film and even architecture, Art Basel is the art event of the year.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Facts:
Art Galleries: 175 galleries from all over the world
Art Statements: One-person shows by young artists
Art Novas: Designed for recently established galleries presenting new work
Art Magazines: Art publications, internet magazines and books
Art Institutions: Cultural organizations and institutions
Art Positions: 20 galleries in shipping containers converted to public spaces by architects
Art Video Lounge: Lounge with contemporary works of “video art”
Art Projects: Projects done in public domain
Art Basel takes place mostly at the Miami Beach Convention Center.

Check out www.artbasel.com for more information.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...