Art Basel: From Basel to the Beach, Art is IN

Art Basel, the international art show and sister to the original Art Basel in Switzerland is coming to the Beach, and frankly, all over Miami, this weekend. The three-day show started yesterday, and ends on Sunday, and it includes art in all forms, becoming a type of cultural event for the eyes. Combining art shows with parties, special events and crossover moments featuring design, music, film and even architecture, Art Basel is the art event of the year.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Facts:
Art Galleries: 175 galleries from all over the world
Art Statements: One-person shows by young artists
Art Novas: Designed for recently established galleries presenting new work
Art Magazines: Art publications, internet magazines and books
Art Institutions: Cultural organizations and institutions
Art Positions: 20 galleries in shipping containers converted to public spaces by architects
Art Video Lounge: Lounge with contemporary works of “video art”
Art Projects: Projects done in public domain
Art Basel takes place mostly at the Miami Beach Convention Center.

Check out www.artbasel.com for more information.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...