REPORT CARD

Offense: A
Any Miami fan that complains about any aspect of the offense’s performance should move to Tallahassee.

Quarterback: A+
I never thought this day would come, but he did it. No, I’m not talking about Brock Berlin’s 361 yards or four touchdowns; I’m talking about Berlin’s first-ever A+ on my report card.

Running Back: B+
Frank Gore was solid in a half of work. Seldom-used backs like Andrew Johnson got the chance to have some glory, which was nice to see.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: A+
This unit has been up and down all season, but on Saturday the receivers were sure-handed and faster than anyone on the field. Even Ryan Moore caught a touchdown pass.

Offensive Line: A-
Another courageous performance for the o-line. Center Joel Rodriguez said there were several regrettable plays for the lineman, but in a 52-7 victory it’s hard to be overly upset.

Defense: A
It’s pretty easy to play defense when your offense spots you 21 points halfway through the first quarter.

Defensive Line: B
The d-line got some penetration, but Wake Forest’s quarterbacks were able to find some holes up the middle. Overall, it was a solid effort for the defensive line.

Linebackers: A-
For weeks I’ve been screaming for the linebackers to stay home and focus on stopping the run. ACC-leading rusher Chris Barclay only averaged 3.2 yards per carry. It’s nice to see my whining was finally acknowledged.

Secondary: A-
Wake Forest did absolutely nothing in the passing game. I don’t have anything to complain about.

Special Teams: A
Brian Monroe barely had to punt, Jon Peattie only had to attempt one field goal and Wake Forest refused to kick to Devin Hester. The blocked punt to open the second half basically ended the game.

Coaching: A
Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner did a great job of exposing Wake Forest’s weak and injury-riddled secondary. I can’t complain about the rest of the staff either.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...