REPORT CARD

Offense: A
Any Miami fan that complains about any aspect of the offense’s performance should move to Tallahassee.

Quarterback: A+
I never thought this day would come, but he did it. No, I’m not talking about Brock Berlin’s 361 yards or four touchdowns; I’m talking about Berlin’s first-ever A+ on my report card.

Running Back: B+
Frank Gore was solid in a half of work. Seldom-used backs like Andrew Johnson got the chance to have some glory, which was nice to see.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: A+
This unit has been up and down all season, but on Saturday the receivers were sure-handed and faster than anyone on the field. Even Ryan Moore caught a touchdown pass.

Offensive Line: A-
Another courageous performance for the o-line. Center Joel Rodriguez said there were several regrettable plays for the lineman, but in a 52-7 victory it’s hard to be overly upset.

Defense: A
It’s pretty easy to play defense when your offense spots you 21 points halfway through the first quarter.

Defensive Line: B
The d-line got some penetration, but Wake Forest’s quarterbacks were able to find some holes up the middle. Overall, it was a solid effort for the defensive line.

Linebackers: A-
For weeks I’ve been screaming for the linebackers to stay home and focus on stopping the run. ACC-leading rusher Chris Barclay only averaged 3.2 yards per carry. It’s nice to see my whining was finally acknowledged.

Secondary: A-
Wake Forest did absolutely nothing in the passing game. I don’t have anything to complain about.

Special Teams: A
Brian Monroe barely had to punt, Jon Peattie only had to attempt one field goal and Wake Forest refused to kick to Devin Hester. The blocked punt to open the second half basically ended the game.

Coaching: A
Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner did a great job of exposing Wake Forest’s weak and injury-riddled secondary. I can’t complain about the rest of the staff either.

Eric Kalis can be contacted at e.kalis@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...