REPORT CARD

Offense: B
Brock Berlin wasn’t great and there was a plethora of dropped passes, but it’s hard to complain when the offense scores three touchdowns and the Hurricanes win.

Quarterback: B
Berlin’s numbers are not staggering: 18-for-33, 177 yards, two touchdowns. But the key statistic when evaluating his performance is zero interceptions. If he doesn’t make huge mistakes, Miami should win.

Running Backs: A
Frank Gore had a career outing for the Hurricanes, and with the adversity he has faced during his tenure at UM, I couldn’t be happier for him.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Roscoe Parrish has become the wide out everyone salivated over during his freshman season. The drops by the other receivers have to be mentioned, however.

Offensive Line: B+
With all the injuries, the o-line was still able to allow Gore to go crazy and provided decent pass protection when the Hurricanes needed it most.

Defense: B-
It is still startling to see teams running wild on UM, but some of the players are starting to hit like the Hurricanes of old.

Defensive Line: B-
The d-line is not getting the penetration it needs to, but Orien Harris and Baraka Atkins were more active than they had been in the two losses.

Linebackers: C-
This is the one unit I will not be nice to until it starts staying home to stop the run. Quarterback Marques Hagans gained 85 yards rushing against the Hurricanes, which should never happen.

Secondary: B
Brandon Meriweather came through with an interception and some big hits. If the secondary can start laying people out on a consistent basis, fans will be able to forgive the Hurricanes for blown coverages.

Special Teams: C
Jon Peattie uncharacteristically missed a 29-yarder and Brian Monroe’s punting was suspect, but Monroe’s acting job to get a roughing the passer call in the first half bailed the unit out.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker and Dan Werner are temporarily off the hook after an incredibly gutsy fourth down call on the Parrish touchdown catch that clinched the victory.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...