Offense: B
Brock Berlin wasn’t great and there was a plethora of dropped passes, but it’s hard to complain when the offense scores three touchdowns and the Hurricanes win.

Quarterback: B
Berlin’s numbers are not staggering: 18-for-33, 177 yards, two touchdowns. But the key statistic when evaluating his performance is zero interceptions. If he doesn’t make huge mistakes, Miami should win.

Running Backs: A
Frank Gore had a career outing for the Hurricanes, and with the adversity he has faced during his tenure at UM, I couldn’t be happier for him.

Wide Receivers/
Tight Ends: C+
Roscoe Parrish has become the wide out everyone salivated over during his freshman season. The drops by the other receivers have to be mentioned, however.

Offensive Line: B+
With all the injuries, the o-line was still able to allow Gore to go crazy and provided decent pass protection when the Hurricanes needed it most.

Defense: B-
It is still startling to see teams running wild on UM, but some of the players are starting to hit like the Hurricanes of old.

Defensive Line: B-
The d-line is not getting the penetration it needs to, but Orien Harris and Baraka Atkins were more active than they had been in the two losses.

Linebackers: C-
This is the one unit I will not be nice to until it starts staying home to stop the run. Quarterback Marques Hagans gained 85 yards rushing against the Hurricanes, which should never happen.

Secondary: B
Brandon Meriweather came through with an interception and some big hits. If the secondary can start laying people out on a consistent basis, fans will be able to forgive the Hurricanes for blown coverages.

Special Teams: C
Jon Peattie uncharacteristically missed a 29-yarder and Brian Monroe’s punting was suspect, but Monroe’s acting job to get a roughing the passer call in the first half bailed the unit out.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker and Dan Werner are temporarily off the hook after an incredibly gutsy fourth down call on the Parrish touchdown catch that clinched the victory.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

Women’s Commission’s 47th annual breakfast honors those who stand up to make a difference for women ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team hosts Florida Atlantic University at the James L. Knight Spo ...

The University of Miami Hurricane Club is excited to announce the official 2018 Building Champions S ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 19 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...