CD REVIEW KENNY WAYNE SHEPERD The Place You’re In

Coming back from a vacation after touring for over eight years, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released 11 strong tracks on his new album The Place You’re In.

Revolutionizing his music to have more of a rock feel, intense passion can still be felt between the guitar chords and the soulful vocals. Having never sang on his previous albums, Shepherd’s voice is a rough and rich added element to the tracks. Fresh and appealing for a younger audience, Shepherd’s new album in innovative while still keeping some of his original blues styling.

With tracks like “Be Mine” and number’s nine “Get It Together,” Shepherd’s music is similar to fashion-savvy rock legend Lenny Kravitz. Vocalizing his thoughts on relationships and focusing on producing positive energy, the album is the epitome of Shepherd’s growth and change.

Produced in eight months and drawing such close friends as Kid Rock to mix and co-write “Spank,” The Place You’re In is a well executed mix of soulful musings and rock beats.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...