CD REVIEW KENNY WAYNE SHEPERD The Place You’re In

Coming back from a vacation after touring for over eight years, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released 11 strong tracks on his new album The Place You’re In.

Revolutionizing his music to have more of a rock feel, intense passion can still be felt between the guitar chords and the soulful vocals. Having never sang on his previous albums, Shepherd’s voice is a rough and rich added element to the tracks. Fresh and appealing for a younger audience, Shepherd’s new album in innovative while still keeping some of his original blues styling.

With tracks like “Be Mine” and number’s nine “Get It Together,” Shepherd’s music is similar to fashion-savvy rock legend Lenny Kravitz. Vocalizing his thoughts on relationships and focusing on producing positive energy, the album is the epitome of Shepherd’s growth and change.

Produced in eight months and drawing such close friends as Kid Rock to mix and co-write “Spank,” The Place You’re In is a well executed mix of soulful musings and rock beats.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...