CD REVIEW KENNY WAYNE SHEPERD The Place You’re In

Coming back from a vacation after touring for over eight years, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released 11 strong tracks on his new album The Place You’re In.

Revolutionizing his music to have more of a rock feel, intense passion can still be felt between the guitar chords and the soulful vocals. Having never sang on his previous albums, Shepherd’s voice is a rough and rich added element to the tracks. Fresh and appealing for a younger audience, Shepherd’s new album in innovative while still keeping some of his original blues styling.

With tracks like “Be Mine” and number’s nine “Get It Together,” Shepherd’s music is similar to fashion-savvy rock legend Lenny Kravitz. Vocalizing his thoughts on relationships and focusing on producing positive energy, the album is the epitome of Shepherd’s growth and change.

Produced in eight months and drawing such close friends as Kid Rock to mix and co-write “Spank,” The Place You’re In is a well executed mix of soulful musings and rock beats.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...