CD REVIEW KENNY WAYNE SHEPERD The Place You’re In

Coming back from a vacation after touring for over eight years, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released 11 strong tracks on his new album The Place You’re In.

Revolutionizing his music to have more of a rock feel, intense passion can still be felt between the guitar chords and the soulful vocals. Having never sang on his previous albums, Shepherd’s voice is a rough and rich added element to the tracks. Fresh and appealing for a younger audience, Shepherd’s new album in innovative while still keeping some of his original blues styling.

With tracks like “Be Mine” and number’s nine “Get It Together,” Shepherd’s music is similar to fashion-savvy rock legend Lenny Kravitz. Vocalizing his thoughts on relationships and focusing on producing positive energy, the album is the epitome of Shepherd’s growth and change.

Produced in eight months and drawing such close friends as Kid Rock to mix and co-write “Spank,” The Place You’re In is a well executed mix of soulful musings and rock beats.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...