Brock Berlin has played the best football of his Hurricane career the past four weeks, but he did not throw a touchdown in last week’s loss to Clemson. That must change against a tough Virginia team.

Marques Hagans is the type of mobile quarterback that can give Miami’s defense a problem. He has only thrown for five touchdowns, however.

Frank Gore should be healthy enough to play after twisting his ankle in the Clemson loss. The Hurricanes need more production from Tyrone Moss.

Wali Lundy has rushed for 725 yards and 14 touchdowns this season. Considering how much trouble the Hurricanes have had with mediocre running backs, Lundy could have a career game.

Berlin now has a bevy of passing options, as Roscoe Parrish, Sinorice Moss, Darnell Jenkins, Akieem Jolla, Lance Leggett, Kevin Everett and Greg Olsen are all reliable targets.

Heath Miller might be the best tight end in the country, and he is certainly better than any receiving threat Miami has. Virginia also has depth at the position, as three Cavaliers have 17 receptions this season.

This battered unit will have to put together a courageous effort to hold off the Virginia pass rush.

Elton Brown has been named ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week twice this season. Right Tackle Brad Butler is 6’8″, so the Hurricane defensive ends will have a tough time Saturday.

The d-line did a better job of getting penetration against Clemson, but they still have to play a full 60 minutes of football.

Sophomore Ahmad Brooks, who plays both linebacker and defensive end, was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for his effort against Maryland, but the unit as a whole is not better than Miami’s.

The way our linebackers have been playing, a Pop Warner team would have the edge over them. They need to start staying home to stop the run, especially against Lundy.

I don’t know much about Dennis Haley and Kai Parham, but they can’t be any worse than the UM linebackers right now.

The secondary didn’t allow any touchdowns last week, but they still gave up too many big plays that set up scores. Antrel Rolle and the gang need to have a big game.

Both of Virginia’s safeties are seniors, but they are inexperienced at the corners, with a sophomore and freshman starting. UM’s receivers should have a good outing.

I don’t know much about Virginia’s special teams, but I can’t imagine it having a better player than Devin Hester.

Safety Marquis Weeks handles the kick return duties, but I can assure you he is no Hester.

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

The Kislak Center opens, aims to advance new forms of scholarship and build bridges across the Unive ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s Miami-spiced book talk spotlighted the One Book, One U initiative. ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek to continue its perfect record at home Frid ...

Amy Deem and the Hurricanes will travel to Los Angeles to compete at the Power 5 Trail Blazer Challe ...

The University of Miami baseball program will host its third annual 'Bark in the Park' gam ...

Miami sophomore guard declares for NBA Draft but will not hire agent. ...

In search of its fourth series win of the spring, the Miami Hurricanes host No. 24 Virginia from Mar ...