POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some tips for joggers from Director Christensen of Public Safety:
This time of year the weather is cooler and the days are shorter. It is more likely that we have to do our exercise during dusk or nighttime hours. The following are some tips to make your jog safer and more pleasurable. While jogging:
* Be aware of your environment.
* Consider jogging with a friend.
* Choose well-traveled running paths; avoid isolated areas.
* Vary your route.
* At night, wear light-colored clothing or reflective markings.
* Tell your roommate or another friend your route and expected time of return.
* If approached by a car while running alone, do not stop to give directions or answer questions.
* Avoid surprises. Listening to your headset may make you unable to hear approaching traffic, emergency sirens or any other danger signals.

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 5
1:30 p.m. 1203 Walsh Ave. Theft

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7
12:10 a.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Sex Offense

MONDAY NOVEMBER 8
2:29 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 9
10:05 a.m. 1500 Levante Ave. Burglary
5:50 p.m. 5150 Brunson Dr. Theft

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...