POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Here are some tips for joggers from Director Christensen of Public Safety:
This time of year the weather is cooler and the days are shorter. It is more likely that we have to do our exercise during dusk or nighttime hours. The following are some tips to make your jog safer and more pleasurable. While jogging:
* Be aware of your environment.
* Consider jogging with a friend.
* Choose well-traveled running paths; avoid isolated areas.
* Vary your route.
* At night, wear light-colored clothing or reflective markings.
* Tell your roommate or another friend your route and expected time of return.
* If approached by a car while running alone, do not stop to give directions or answer questions.
* Avoid surprises. Listening to your headset may make you unable to hear approaching traffic, emergency sirens or any other danger signals.

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 5
1:30 p.m. 1203 Walsh Ave. Theft

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7
12:10 a.m. 1101 Stanford Dr. Sex Offense

MONDAY NOVEMBER 8
2:29 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Theft

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 9
10:05 a.m. 1500 Levante Ave. Burglary
5:50 p.m. 5150 Brunson Dr. Theft

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...