Miami International Book Fair

Books are invading the city and the Miami International Book Fair is the place for literary connoisseurs, authors or people who just like to read. Covering every topic imaginable books categories include non-fiction, fiction, travel, self-help, architecture, short stories and a dozen other genres.

For the most part the bright covers and glossy text are eye-catching, not to mention the interesting titles and stickers that stamp the book as a bestseller on the New York Times list. Too overwhelmed to choose just one, here a few reviews on some time-worthy books.

Who the Hell’s in It

by Peter Bogdanovich

Famous as a director, film historian and critic, Peter Bogdanovich draws upon his life experiences for his new book, Who the Hell’s in It. Working side by side with actors for most of his lifetime, Bogdanovich provides snippets of the styles, lives and histories of the actors and actresses that he has so befriended.

Painting portraits through words, Bogdanovich gives perspectives on the real characters of the dynamic screen stars that we have watched on the silver screen for years. Despite the near 600 pages the 25 sketches are endearing and memorable, a match for lovers of the old cinema.

Voyage to the End of the Room

by Tibor Fischer

Proving his ability as a great writer, Tibor Fischer’s novel Voyage to the End of the Room is a unique story with numerous quirks and interesting characters. The novel is based on Oceane, an ex-erotic dancer who doesn’t leave her London flat, managing to travel the world using her satellite radio, the internet and a travel agent who recreates lavish typical evenings in another country using extravagant d

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...