CD REVIEW

As the November 2004 presidential elections come to a close, only one thing remains fresh in the minds of music moguls everywhere: the opening Rock the Vote performers, Wylde Bunch. From joining the popular Pepsi Smash and Sprite Liquid Mix Tours to recording an ingenious single on Madden 2005, nothing but good luck has fallen on these upcoming musical successes. By releasing their first studio album, Wylde Times at Washington High with Columbia Records/ RED, they are setting trends everywhere by popularizing “old-school ingredients with new school ideas.”

Still on its up rise, this 14-member band from South Central Los Angeles would best be described as utterly unique. With refreshing innovative twists coalesced with positive messages, its music is truly an innovative blend of all types of music: pop, rock, R&B, and hip-hop. Surprising everyone with their sudden rise to stardom, the Wylde Bunch say knew where they would be today. Growing up in the hood, they were a group of high school friends known for their wild antics and unlimited amounts of energy. Henceforth, they got the name Wylde Bunch.

Their new album consists of 12 high-energy tracks telling listeners how their high school days were like. The first single “Last Day of School” bursts with crazy energy and flashes back to how each of us must have felt waiting for summer to start.

Wylde Bunch is a group like no other. Their new album is a blend of free-spirited energy and fresh lyrics. Truly groundbreaking and amazing, grab a copy and listen to it today.

Keith Preciados can be contacted at k.preciados@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...