BOOK FAIR The Miami International Book Fair comes to town

The Miami International Book Fair is coming this week and with it are dozens of best-selling authors. One of the nation’s largest and most well known literary events, the Book Fair makes attendees forget that Americans favor more electronic forms of entertainment.

In its 21st year, the Book Fair will play host to over 250 authors over a period of seven days at the Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus. From Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, the Fair will host a congress of authors and a street fair over the weekend.

Promoting reading, writing and literacy awareness, the Book Fair has slowly evolved over the decades from the original two-day event. Combined with a number of programs such as night readings, children’s story time and different international pavilions, the Book Fair has something for every reader.

Covering a wide range of topics, the Book Fair is the perfect place to get an autograph, surround yourself with literature and meet prize-winning authors. Authors such as Martin Cruz Smith, Brian Weiss, Juan Williams, Marianne Williams and Tom Wolfe will all be in attendance for the street fair and various programs.

An integral part to the Florida Center to the Literary Arts, the Book Fair provides an event for literature from all over the world to converge. The Miami International Book Fair is one of the few literary events that promotes and advances literature in all forms.

>> For more information on the Miami International Book Fair go to www.miamibookfair.com.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...