POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your

belongings.

Safety Tip: Here are some tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety on preventing date rape:

* Be clear with men in your life about what, if any, sexual behavior you are comfortable with and keep talking as

you get deeper into a relationship.

* Don’t use alcohol or other drugs – they decrease your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.

* Trust your gut feelings. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, leave.

* Check out a first date or blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Take public transportation or

drive your own car.

* Leave social events with friends, not someone you just met or don’t know well.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27

12:00 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

12:05 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Hit and Run

FRIDAY OCTOBER 29

3:55 a.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

6:23 p.m. 1238 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

SUNDAY OCTOBER 31

7:38 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Burglary/Vehicle

MONDAY NOVEMBER 1

5:15 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr Sex Offense

7:01 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 2

1:59 a.m. 6500 Sagua Ave. Simple Battery

11:57 a.m. 1245 Dauer Dr. Theft of Auto Tag

4:42 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...