Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your

Safety Tip: Here are some tips from Director Christensen of Public Safety on preventing date rape:

* Be clear with men in your life about what, if any, sexual behavior you are comfortable with and keep talking as

you get deeper into a relationship.

* Don’t use alcohol or other drugs – they decrease your ability to take care of yourself and make sensible decisions.

* Trust your gut feelings. If a place or the way your date acts makes you nervous or uneasy, leave.

* Check out a first date or blind date with friends. Meet in and go to public places. Take public transportation or

drive your own car.

* Leave social events with friends, not someone you just met or don’t know well.

12:00 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

12:05 p.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Hit and Run

3:55 a.m. 1223 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

6:23 p.m. 1238 Dickinson Dr. Vandalism

7:38 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Burglary/Vehicle

5:15 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr Sex Offense

7:01 a.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

1:59 a.m. 6500 Sagua Ave. Simple Battery

11:57 a.m. 1245 Dauer Dr. Theft of Auto Tag

4:42 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Vandalism

For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

We are seeing another sign of a football program’s growing strength and maturation as Mark Richt unf ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

Freshman Daniel Federman will look to make it wins in two straight starts when the Miami Hurricanes ...

The Hurricanes opened spring practice on Tuesday, officially beginning preparations for the 2018 sea ...

University of Miami men's tennis senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were named ...

For the second week in a row, Estela Perez-Somarriba and Ulyana Shirokova of the Miami women's ...

After just one match together, freshman Adria Soriano and senior Christian Langmo earned a top-50 ra ...