Haith deals with low expectations in ACC

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith faces an uphill battle as the Hurricanes prepare for their first season in the ACC, but he refuses to concede defeat before the season begins.

Many critics are predicting Miami to finish at the bottom of the ACC, and fans are expecting embarrassing losses to teams like Duke, Maryland and Georgia Tech. Haith said that his team gives no credence to preseason speculation.

“I don’t think anybody’s picked us not to be last,” Haith said. “We’ve been picked last by pretty much all of them…we can’t concern ourselves with what people say or how people feel about us. What we can do is worry about things we can control.”

Hired earlier in the year to replace Perry Clark, Haith has an accomplished r

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...