Haith deals with low expectations in ACC

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith faces an uphill battle as the Hurricanes prepare for their first season in the ACC, but he refuses to concede defeat before the season begins.

Many critics are predicting Miami to finish at the bottom of the ACC, and fans are expecting embarrassing losses to teams like Duke, Maryland and Georgia Tech. Haith said that his team gives no credence to preseason speculation.

“I don’t think anybody’s picked us not to be last,” Haith said. “We’ve been picked last by pretty much all of them…we can’t concern ourselves with what people say or how people feel about us. What we can do is worry about things we can control.”

Hired earlier in the year to replace Perry Clark, Haith has an accomplished r

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...