Haith deals with low expectations in ACC

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith faces an uphill battle as the Hurricanes prepare for their first season in the ACC, but he refuses to concede defeat before the season begins.

Many critics are predicting Miami to finish at the bottom of the ACC, and fans are expecting embarrassing losses to teams like Duke, Maryland and Georgia Tech. Haith said that his team gives no credence to preseason speculation.

“I don’t think anybody’s picked us not to be last,” Haith said. “We’ve been picked last by pretty much all of them…we can’t concern ourselves with what people say or how people feel about us. What we can do is worry about things we can control.”

Hired earlier in the year to replace Perry Clark, Haith has an accomplished r

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...