CONCERT PREVIEW Here in November

“Gone ’til November” may be one of Wyclef Jean’s most famous songs, but for UM he’ll be anything but gone tonight.

Sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the concert committee, Wyclef Jean will perform on the green in front of the library tonight at 9:45 p.m., accompanied by the Refugee All-Stars. The show promises a solid finish to a dynamic evening on campus.

Combined with Hurricane Howl, the concert is the cap to the Homecoming festivities. Starting with the homecoming parade that snakes down Stanford Drive, the pep rally led by the Band of the Hour and the Sunsations, fireworks and, of course, free food, this is the night to chill on campus.

With events happening all over campus, don’t pass up the opportunity for some free and fun entertainment when you know you all are starting to expend that cash flow.

A Side Note…

The lead Fugees rapper guitarist Wyclef Jean has seemingly become hip-hop’s multicultural conscience. An activist and successful solo artist Wyclef has been in the charts as an artist, producer and noticed political speaker, participating in many high-profile charity events. But despite his activism Wyclef is a dynamic performer with strong lyrics and an amazing message for the youth. It’s a free concert, go.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...