CONCERT PREVIEW Here in November

“Gone ’til November” may be one of Wyclef Jean’s most famous songs, but for UM he’ll be anything but gone tonight.

Sponsored by Hurricane Productions and the concert committee, Wyclef Jean will perform on the green in front of the library tonight at 9:45 p.m., accompanied by the Refugee All-Stars. The show promises a solid finish to a dynamic evening on campus.

Combined with Hurricane Howl, the concert is the cap to the Homecoming festivities. Starting with the homecoming parade that snakes down Stanford Drive, the pep rally led by the Band of the Hour and the Sunsations, fireworks and, of course, free food, this is the night to chill on campus.

With events happening all over campus, don’t pass up the opportunity for some free and fun entertainment when you know you all are starting to expend that cash flow.

A Side Note…

The lead Fugees rapper guitarist Wyclef Jean has seemingly become hip-hop’s multicultural conscience. An activist and successful solo artist Wyclef has been in the charts as an artist, producer and noticed political speaker, participating in many high-profile charity events. But despite his activism Wyclef is a dynamic performer with strong lyrics and an amazing message for the youth. It’s a free concert, go.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...