74.8 F
Coral Gables
Tuesday, March 19, 2024
March 19 , 2024

Q&A Sarah Hudson

Naturally talented with a strong voice and a dynamic personality, up-and-coming singer/songwriter Sarah Hudson is making an arrival in the industry. Debuting her album titled Naked Truth on S-Curve Records, Sarah’s enigmatic mix of sensitivity and rock give her an edge. Mixing girly fun with machismo from Steven Tyler and Ozzy Osbourne, Sarah manages to make some very deep lyrics seem light and fun.
Honest and inspiring, Sarah talks with her life, her album and her fame with EDGE for some good Q & A.

Q: How hard was it to write songs about your life containing such self-exposing elements?
A: It was pretty natural; writing is therapy, which I think can be a blessing or a curse. It opened my mind and let me express myself. Specifically for the song “Naked Truth,” it was a lot of diary entries.

Q: How long have you been working on this album?
A: I’ve been writing for about three years and I had so many songs that I had to try and find a common ground and then it just all came together.

Q: Have you always had confidence?
A: There were also times in grammar and high school where I was the different one. Confidence came with not giving a shit anymore and wanting to be my own individual.

Q: Do you think that if you grew up in a family that was not already very involved in the entertainment industry things would have been different?
A: I don’t know, in a way I think so much of who you are is reflected from your past, your surroundings, and I think had I grown up differently I may not be so motivated or driven. I do also think that it is something innate and inside you, such as creativity.

Q: Did you always know that you wanted to sing and produce an album?
A: I always knew it; when I was really little I always wanted to perform, never really knew what form but high school was really when I figured out, OK, I want to release records, I want this to be my career.

Q: Now that you have released your album, has your opinion or your view changed on the industry?
A: It’s really opened my mind and made me stronger and now that I have a little piece and going through the experience of it all, I want it more. The fantasy of it all is always 10 times easier than the reality.

Q: What do you really want to express?
A: Really just not to be afraid to express yourself and your beliefs, always open your mind to other people’s opinions. That it’s OK to feel different.

Q: How have you dealt with the fame or things that people have written or said?
A: There were a couple of reviews of the record that were really inspiring and then there are the haters; for the first five minutes I get sad and then I rise above it.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

Latest news

- Advertisement -spot_img

Related news

- Advertisement -spot_img