REPORT CARD

Offense: A
The unit exploded against the nation’s best defense, and the offense is starting to look potent enough to beat anybody.

Quarterback: A
I don’t know what Brock Berlin has been eating the past three weeks, but please give him more of it in greater quantities. A few more efforts like this, and Berlin may jump from almost benched to Heisman contender.

Running Backs: C
Frank Gore did not have a great night, but it wasn’t necessary, as the ‘Canes made it clear that they were going to be throwing the ball all night.

Wide Receivers: B+
It’s nice to see Roscoe Parrish putting up numbers and getting into the end zone again. Lance Leggett gets better every game, and the tight ends were fabulous as usual.

Offensive Line: A
The offensive line’s effort the past two weeks has been nothing short of heroic, as the Eric Winston-less unit gave Berlin ample time to pass the ball despite facing the best defense in the country.

Defense: C-
What has happened to these guys the past two weeks? It’s like an alternate universe where the once-maligned offense is now carrying the team to victory while the defense struggles to find an identity.

Defensive Line: C
Kareem Brown did a nice job replacing Santonio Thomas, who was injured early on. However, the d-line needs to get more pressure on the quarterback than it has the past two weeks.

Linebackers: C
T.A. McLendon is a good running back, but he should not be gaining 141 yards against this defense, and much of the blame should go to the linebackers. They need to be staying home on rushing downs to prevent the other team from breaking big runs.

Secondary: D
Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes. Let me repeat that. Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes.

Special Teams: B
Jon Peattie missed a 36-yard field goal, which is usually a chip shot for him. Devin Hester had an unbelievable kickoff return to start the game. It is such an advantage to have that guy on the roster. He may score a touchdown in every game of the rest of the season.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker certainly looks like a genius for never giving up on Berlin. However, he needs to get the defense to start playing like it did in the first four games.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...