Offense: A
The unit exploded against the nation’s best defense, and the offense is starting to look potent enough to beat anybody.

Quarterback: A
I don’t know what Brock Berlin has been eating the past three weeks, but please give him more of it in greater quantities. A few more efforts like this, and Berlin may jump from almost benched to Heisman contender.

Running Backs: C
Frank Gore did not have a great night, but it wasn’t necessary, as the ‘Canes made it clear that they were going to be throwing the ball all night.

Wide Receivers: B+
It’s nice to see Roscoe Parrish putting up numbers and getting into the end zone again. Lance Leggett gets better every game, and the tight ends were fabulous as usual.

Offensive Line: A
The offensive line’s effort the past two weeks has been nothing short of heroic, as the Eric Winston-less unit gave Berlin ample time to pass the ball despite facing the best defense in the country.

Defense: C-
What has happened to these guys the past two weeks? It’s like an alternate universe where the once-maligned offense is now carrying the team to victory while the defense struggles to find an identity.

Defensive Line: C
Kareem Brown did a nice job replacing Santonio Thomas, who was injured early on. However, the d-line needs to get more pressure on the quarterback than it has the past two weeks.

Linebackers: C
T.A. McLendon is a good running back, but he should not be gaining 141 yards against this defense, and much of the blame should go to the linebackers. They need to be staying home on rushing downs to prevent the other team from breaking big runs.

Secondary: D
Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes. Let me repeat that. Jay Davis threw for four touchdown passes.

Special Teams: B
Jon Peattie missed a 36-yard field goal, which is usually a chip shot for him. Devin Hester had an unbelievable kickoff return to start the game. It is such an advantage to have that guy on the roster. He may score a touchdown in every game of the rest of the season.

Coaching: B
Larry Coker certainly looks like a genius for never giving up on Berlin. However, he needs to get the defense to start playing like it did in the first four games.

Sophomore Bruce Brown announced Thursday that he has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, the University ...

Lots of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday, with the second spring practice session set for Thursday mo ...

The battle for the University of Miami quarterback job began in earnest with the start of spring pra ...

A six-pack of UM notes from the first day of spring football on Tuesday: • UM’s first-team offensive ...

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

As part of the “It’s On Us” initiative, the former vice president urged the UM community to help com ...

Haitian-born Henri Ford’s incredible journey to the deanship of the Miller School of Medicine. ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Junior Dewi Weber will become the first University of Miami golfer to compete in the Arnold Palmer C ...

FAU used a six-run ninth inning to pull past Miami Wednesday night at Mark Light Field, capturing an ...

Freshman Daniel Federman will look to make it wins in two straight starts when the Miami Hurricanes ...

The Hurricanes opened spring practice on Tuesday, officially beginning preparations for the 2018 sea ...

For the second week in a row, Estela Perez-Somarriba and Ulyana Shirokova of the Miami women's ...