LETTER TO THE EDITOR

RE: Flu vaccine shortage

Why isn’t the Bush administration being held accountable for the flu vaccine shortage? My elderly in-laws live in Florida, and members of our extended family live throughout the state. All over this country, senior and disabled citizens are standing in lines for hour after hour for a flu shot. Many of them are on respirators, using canes, in wheelchairs or in pain. Many have gone to two, three or four clinics, showing up hours early, only to be told there won’t be enough vaccine for everyone. Why didn’t the government have a backup plan when, for years, public health officials have cited the real risk of a flu pandemic? How can we trust the Bush administration to protect us from a biological terrorist attack when it can’t even manage to provide flu shots?

Timothy Smith
Rehoboth Beach, Del.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...