Tee time with Tri-delta as sisters raise $25,000

Last Saturday, Delta Delta Delta sorority sponsored its second annual Tees Fore Tots Golf Tournament to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa. Funds were accumulated through personal donations and silent auctions. President Shalala donated hundreds of dollars worth of giveaways and memorabilia, while the silent auction last night raised about $4,000, breaking all the records at UM for Greek philanthropy. Parents, UM Alumni, Tri Delta sisters, Greeks, UM students and local businessmen all participated in this event, helping raise the grand total of $25,000.

“I love it because our whole purpose was not only to help the children of St. Jude, but it also speaks so highly of sororities because it means that we do so much more than the typical sorority stereotypes,” Jamie Gribin, senior, Philanthropy Chair of Tri Deltas said.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...