Music + Fashion Funkshion

Ten DJs, 20 designers, and four days, FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami was the haute event of October. FUNKSHION, the fusion of music and fashion, premiered some of the hottest spring/summer 2005 collections in the Design District’s Moore Building.

A blossoming fashion market, Miami’s FUNKSHION is unlike any other fashion week. Energetic and anything but traditional, FUNKSHION provided a venue for both established and emerging designers to showcase their collections to local fashionistas, international buyers, celebrities, media and even the public.

Along with using the runway to display their collections, the designers integrated music into their shows, often personally choosing their favorite DJs or even particular songs. Everything from electronica to hip-hop to the illustrious musings of Coldplay reverberated throughout the three stories of the Moore Building.

In addition to featuring such well-known designers such as Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Rebecca Minkoff, Dragana Ogenjanovic and a few others, FUNKSHION hosted a fashion show featuring some of newest up-and-coming young designers. Sponsored by Perrier, the designers showcased their fashions for a panel of judges, competing for the Perrier “Bubbling Under” Award that rewarded the winning designer, Yuliya Sokolova, with a $5,000 cash prize to further her career in design and help produce more collections.

Combined with after parties at four of the top party spots in Miami Beach such as Rok Bar, Mynt and Priv

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...