POLICE BEAT

Safety Tip of the Week: It seems that every year Public Safety faces new challenges. This year our most current problem is the dismantling and theft of the new high-density halogen headlights that are being installed on vehicles. Upon doing a crime analysis it appears that most of these thefts are being committed in the open air and not in the parking garages. If possible, if you have these headlights on your vehicle try to park in a parking garage.

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 6
2:07 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
7:47 p.m. 1311 Miller Dr. Theft

THURSDAY OCTOBER 7
12:46 p.m. 1540 Levante Ave. Theft
3:30 p.m. 1111 Memorial Dr. Theft
8:10 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
MONDAY OCTOBER 11
9:09 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
1:08 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Dr. Theft
3:23 p.m. 1540 Corniche Ave. Theft
4:52 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft
6:40 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft

TUESDAY OCTOBER 12
6:05 a.m. 5600 Blk. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Criminal Mischief
8:45 p.m. 1500 Blk. Of Corniche Ave.
Theft

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
For more information on crimes and crime prevention, contact Public Safety at 284-6666.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...