CD REVIEW

When I heard the very first song on this album and Shedd’s voice started, I was so relieved because she could actually sing! Now, when anyone with cash can put out an album, it’s really rare to find people with actual vocal talent. Not only does Shedd have some very decent vocal abilities, but also her lyrics are very insightful and thought provoking.

The vocals are very sweet and clear. With a laid back attitude, this feel-good album is a definite keeper. Shedd is very self-assertive in her music. Although she sounds accusing and hurt, her self-control is kept in check. She serenades her listeners with a gentle voice and feel-good vibes. The instrumental aspect of Shedd is also commendable. She has a good range of instruments, including some skilled percussionists and guitarists.

OK kids, it’s time to step outside the music box that you’ve been hiding! Think you like heavy metal? You could like something else too. Anyway, check out some Shedd. Everyone has got to like something about her.

Padma Sarvepalli can be contacted at

p.sarvepalli@umiami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

In singles play, the Hurricanes demonstrated strength at the top with both of their ranked players – ...

Hurricanes and Fighting Irish play at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team opened competition Sunday at the 2018 A ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...